Friday 16 March 2012

Things to do before you die

I recently read an article about the top five regrets people have when they die. My first thought was what a negative way to look at things. I'd much rather have a list of things I want to do before I die, and then be able to look back in a positive way about how many I have done.

Last year, I realised one ambition which was to have a flying lesson and fly a plane. It was wonderful and if I could afford it, I'd do it again. Below, not in any particular order of priority, is my list of top 'To Do's' in life which I want to accomplish before I die, and if I can do just some of them I will be pleased. Good luck permitting I will live to a ripe old age when I shall take great pleasure in embarrassing my children, and so have plenty of time to do all of this. If I get some dreadful illness in my fifties or sixties, i shall feel very cheated.

  1. Go to India and travel round (four star luxury, of course)
  2. Go back to Egypt and visit Abu Simbel
  3. Go to New Zealand
  4. Go to Canada and see Grizzly Bears in the wild
  5. Gamble some money away in Las Vegas
  6. Live in Crete
  7. Drive a very fast car round a racing track
  8. Stock car racing
  9. Get my pilot's licence and have my own plane (can't afford that, but its got to be on the list)
  10. Appear in a movie
  11. Meet Elton John (cheesy, but I'd like to)
  12. Meet Sir David Attenborough
  13. Have a best selling book of some sort
  14. Tell quite a large number of people who shall be nameless to f**k off!
  15. Spend all my money (already making progress on this one). Life is for living, not saving!
I wonder how many I'll accomplish?

1 comment:

  1. I must recommend a couple of websites to you, I may have banged on about this before, so forgive me if I have. The first is a site called Day Zero Project (http://dayzeroproject.com/about/) which allows you to make these lists. Primarily, it is about focussing on setting yourself targets over a definitive period of time. The default is 101 things in 1001 days, but you can tailor your list to suit your own schedule. The other is http://www.listsofbests.com/ which gives hundreds of ideas and lists, some of which I have blatantly poached for mine! If you sign up on Day Zero and want to look me up, my user name is Lineman. If you do create a list, we could follow each other for moral support! You'll see that I have set my goals for 1001 days starting 1 April. I used this date as it gives an end date at the end of 2014.

    Anyway, as far as your list is concerned, I have some comments;

    4. If you do come, then look us up, we have accommodation and access to Jasper National Park!

    11. Who doesn't want to?

    14. Please tell me their names! (As long as one isn't me)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on my blog. I want to know what you think. Do you agree with me, or not?