Tuesday 6 March 2012

An update on the fitness regime.

Once again, I thought I’d give you an update on the fitness regime.

Sadly, over the last fortnight, not all has gone to plan and my exercise regime has suffered somewhat from busyness and can’t-be-botheredness.

We have had a fairly social fortnight, so there has been lots of nice food in the house and lots of sinful stuff.  Cakes, puddings, far too much carbohydrate and far too much wine. Although I haven’t put any of the weight I lost back on, in the past fortnight I haven’t lost any more. Which is disappointing.

I haven’t been back to the gym or used my Zumba dance thing on the Wii either.  The gym I do have a semi excuse for, in that I’m skint and also each night I have had a commitment to do something which needed me to be at home. But I don’t really have any excuse for not doing the Zumba beyond knowing that I couldn’t be arsed! Those of you that know me will be aware that exercise has never been something which has stimulated me, and I have failed to get motivated and excited in what has been a very busy period to even find half an hour to do it. My bad!

This week I don’t really have an excuse. I have a commitment tonight, but after that the week is blank in the diary. Yes, there are the usual household chores to do and we still have the bathroom floor to finish off completely, but I don’t actually have any commitments with other people. And The Hubby is out a lot for work in the evenings this week (or at least that’s what he tells me he’s doing) so I have one or two completely free evenings. I have been paid again (amazingly the Royal Borough keeps shelling out for my services) and am not yet totally skint, so I suppose the gym is beckoning. It will be difficult to put it off any longer.

I am still aiming for supermodel status by the summer, but it might have to be a curvy Sophie Dahl style supermodel instead of a skinny Kate Moss style one. Nothing wrong with that, is there? My trouble is that all my weight sits on my belly (nothing else is fat – much – I still have a nice pert bum and shapely legs and from the back I have achieved my ambition already) and if I don’t lose it and tone up a bit soon there is a danger people will give me their seat on the tube because they think I’m six months gone! I also have a horrendous double chin which is purely weight related and which looks appalling on photos.

My initial target is to lose enough to look good when I play Titania in mid May, since the stage lighting is harsh, drapey fairy costumes reveal every lump and bump and the camera is very unforgiving. Then I have about a month to slim down further for my hols.

I will do it, I will, and I will go to the gym this week. I’ll let you know how I get on again in a week or two’s time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog. I want to know what you think. Do you agree with me, or not?