Sunday 1 April 2012

Changing frequency! Less is more.....

Today I have been blogging for four months. It seems less – there are so many topics to write about and so much to say.  

But as from today, "The view on the street" will be moving to every two or three days. That’s not because I have run out of things to say – far from it – but the sheer time required to sit down and write something to be published is not available to me. Between work, looking after a home and family, and having hobbies I don’t often have much time left, and most evenings I am exhausted.  

I’d love to be able to blog for a living or even just to write, although if I depended upon it for my living I suspect it would lose its sheen after a few weeks and become a treadmill.  But it has to be better than commuting to a thankless job which I don’t enjoy every day.

Writing a blog is remarkably therapeutic. It allows you to vent your fury at events and circumstances that normally you would have to smile and put up with. It allows you to say what you think about a massive variety of topics and for me, the more controversial the better. I would really like more followers on my blog and I would like people to say what they think too, it doesn’t matter if they disagree. I have had some interesting responses on a couple of topics, but not really anything confrontational.

Now that could be because people aren’t interested, but I know from the stats that an average of 20 people a day read the thing, so presumably they have clicked on the links because they wanted to see what I had to say. Some topics have had lots more clicks, and some of those are from the USA, Canada and Australia (I do know one person in Canada, but not in those other places).

I can understand why newspaper columnists and bloggers only write once or twice a week. It is incredibly time consuming and trying to do it in a rush profoundly unsatisfying. I am considering, in a few months time, putting all my blogs together and sending them to a publisher to see if they would be interested – surely someone is interested in the sort of drivel I write? If there are people out there who will watch TOWIE, there must be people who will read my blog!

Perhaps only getting this claptrap three times a week will make you all more appreciative! Who knows? But if you miss it, and you want it reinstated to daily, it would be lovely to know even if for now I can’t manage it. After all, if my public demand it…..

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand your logic. When I was doing my blog, I started every day and then reduced it to a couple of times a week because it was becoming more of a chore. It rather defeats the object if you feel you have to say something than want to. It is also more time consuming than you think. It is incredibly therapeutic though!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on my blog. I want to know what you think. Do you agree with me, or not?